Queensland Community Foundation Focus on Kindness Photo Challenge is designed to bring photographers and non-profit organisations together to tell their stories and share their work. The impact of the photographs and the stories they tell enhance awareness of issues affecting Queenslanders.
Queensland Community Foundation invites all Queensland based photographers, instagrammers, philanthropists and charities to enter the QCF 2020 Photo Challenge – Focus on Kindness to show us what kindness looks like through your lens.
The photo challenge is proudly supported by Northern Trust to promote philanthropy and giving in our community. Entries can be realistic or conceptual, specific or broad. It can be an act of compassion, kindness, doing good or highlight a specific cause or issue.
The QCF Photography Challenge – Focus on Kindness opens Monday 1 June 2020 until Friday 26 June 2020, with your chance to profile the work of your favourite charity or cause and win $500 for you and $2000 for your charity!
Your challenge will be to capture philanthropy, giving or kindness in a frame. Queenslanders, and Queensland based charities can enter multiple entries into the challenge. The photo challenge is open to professional and amateur photographers.
Entry is simple; take a photo and post it on Instagram or Facebook, tagging QCF and using QCF Photo Challenge hashtags #qcf #qcfphotochallenge20 #focusonkindness #dogoodqld OR submit your entry here.
The challenge closes at midnight on Friday 26 June 2020, and the winning entry will receive a $2,000 donation for the charity of their choice and a $500 prize for the photographer courtesy of our sponsor Northern Trust.
Terms and conditions of the 2020 QCF Philanthropy in Focus Photo Challenge
1. The QCF Photo Challenge is open to Queensland residents and/or organisations operating in Queensland.
a. Entrants will retain copyright in their photograph.
b. Each Entrant grants QCF a non-exclusive perpetual licence to use photograph images to promote QCF, including (without limitation) in both digital and print form to be featured on the QCF website and through social media and publications. QCF will credit the photograph source where possible.
c. QCF respects the privacy of entrants and will endeavour to prevent non-authorised reproduction of the image, but is not liable for any such reproduction.
3. Images submitted are to be a minimum of 2.0MB at 300DPI and in JPEG format.
4. A pre-selection process will take place from the entries to produce a shortlist for digital display.
5. Entrants whose photographs are selected as finalists for digital display will be notified in August 2020. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
6. Submissions must be comprised of a photo and a short written statement of a maximum of 500 words, and must include the photographer’s full name, contact details plus a title and short description of the location, context and date (month/year) the photo was taken.
7. QCF reserves the right to reject any submission based on quality, content or theme. All submissions will be reviewed for accuracy of information. Written statements may be edited for clarity. Accepted photos will be posted on the QCF website. We will inform you by email when they have been posted.
8. Entry is online at https://qcf.org.au/photo_challenge
9. Judging will take place in July 2020. All decisions of the judges are final and are not subject to review. The winning entry will be announced online.
10. The nominated charity must be a registered charity, with DGR status. QCF reserves the final decision to award the prize money to the chosen charity.
11. By submitting a photo in the challenge you agree to have read and understood the above terms and conditions. Submission of entries in this competition automatically constitutes the Entrant’s acceptance of all competition rules and authorisation from the subject.
12. Entries must be received by midnight Friday 26 June 2020.