Applications open January 2019
Grants up to a maximum of $30,000 each will be offered under the 2019 grant round.
QCF’s grant making from the General Fund focuses on ORGANISATIONAL capacity building assisting charities develop their structures, systems, people and skills in order to deliver improved outcomes.
Typically, capacity building focuses on education and training, recruiting, maintaining or recognising volunteers, information technology support systems, and planning and governance which may include strategic plans, constitution reviews or board appraisals.
Each year the Board of Governors makes recommendation to the Trustee regarding the area of focus. For example; homelessness, domestic violence, youth, early childhood.
- Applications are invited from mid-tier organisations (annual revenue less than $20m).
- Organisations must be Queensland based, with all grant funds going to help Queenslanders in the region of application in need of general welfare support.
The following will NOT be funded:
- Projects that have already commenced or where your organisation has committed expenditure prior to the notification date.
- Event or conference sponsorship, prizes or award ceremonies
- General operating expenses – funding will not cover expenses such as salaries for existing staff, electricity, lease/rent payments, telephone, uniforms etc that are part of the organisation’s ongoing expenses
- Debt payment