The regional grants program aims to support eligible charitable organisations providing services on the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba and North Queensland regions.
Charities and causes supported may fit within, but are not limited to community wellbeing, health, arts and culture, animal welfare, children and youth, education, environment, medical research, indigenous and religion which have the following characteristics:
- One-off projects for a specific purpose
- Demonstrate sustainability beyond the funding period
- Strengthen the community
- Reduce social disadvantage
- Help find solutions to community problems
- Benefit as many people as possible
This year 46 regional grants totalling $148,711 to grass roots Queensland charities were awarded.